Welcome to the Darkside...

...join me, Akasha Savage, as I brave the deepest dungeons and scale the misty mountains to achieve my dream: to see my novel Bathory in print. I will take you by the hand and keep you beside me as I cross this uncharted territory...



...let us step into the moonlit darkness together...

Friday 9 April 2010

A Dark Interlude...

The silver beam of moonlight poured through the raggedy hole punched high in the castle's wall, splashing its brilliance down onto the skeleton laid out on the mouldering mattress far below, soaking the fleshless form - skull to toes - with a reviving plethora of life; washing away the scum of death.
Sinews and muscles twisted and writhed over the bones. Skin formed. . crept. . .gave contour and shape to the glistening wet embryonic mass. Fingers nails as sharp and clear as slivers of glass unsheathed with a deadly whisper. Hair, midnight black, sprouted from the bare scalp: grew, grew, grew. Thick and rich. Lips parted, a pink tongue flickered out, wetted away the parchness.
And the eyes - scarlet eyes, dripping with hatred, tainted with revenge - opened...

3 comments:

  1. Okay, Okay.... so tell me what comes next or have I got to add the next part, Akasha?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long had she waited... she did not know or care. She will have her revenge now at whatever the cost to him and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jarmara ~ Love both your comments. The piece I posted is actually a paragraph from my novel, but I'm not really happy with it. I put it on my blog to see what comments I would get! ;)

    ReplyDelete