Welcome to the Darkside...

...join me, Akasha Savage, as I brave the deepest dungeons and scale the misty mountains to achieve my dream: to see my novel Bathory in print. I will take you by the hand and keep you beside me as I cross this uncharted territory...



...let us step into the moonlit darkness together...

Thursday 8 July 2010

Darkness was all she knew.
Once, long ago, in another time and another place, she had known light. Light and laughter. Now that light had been extinguished. The laughter silenced. Now all she knew was darkness. Darkness and fear. Darkness and fear and pain. Her whole world had become a hot pulsating mass of darkness and fear and pain. She no longer knew who she was, where she was, or how she had got here. For a long while pain was her constant companion: faithful and true; enfolding her body in its tight searing embrace. Then, somewhere deep within her a door had swung open, revealing a room where pain and fear could not enter. She had slipped soundlessly inside and ran the bolt.
Here she could hide.
Here she was safe.
Here she could drift.
And she did.
For a while.
But pain was determined. It followed her tracks. Hunted her down. And, like the Big Bad Wolf came knocking at her door:
- Little Alison. Little Alison. Let me come in.
- No. Not by the acne on my chinny chin chin. I'll not let you in.
- Then I'll rant and I'll rave, and I'll smash your door in.

Pain had charged at her door with a battering ram.
Just seconds before the wood exploded in a rain of shards and splinters, the bolt holding it fast buckled and snapped in two.

7 comments:

  1. Akasha, a painful and beautiful few words, here. I'm reading some psychological anguish between the lines... not sure if I'm on the right track. And it's been a while since you last posted some of your writing... so it's so good to be reading you again!

    I wish you a bright and lovely weekend!

    Nevine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nevine ~ I'm concentrating all my energy into my novel and so not posting so often. This is a pieve out of my prologue that I wasn't too sure about and wanted a bit of feedback.

    Hope you have a good weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it. It's very atmospheric--draws you in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sure is quite dark in there...
    Very very expressive.. :)
    Nicely written :):)
    Cheers!
    MD

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it is of any help to you I would want to read on...

    Good luck with the novel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kat ~ just the kind of comment I was hoping for xx

    Erratic Thoughts ~ welcome to the Darkside :D

    Jarmara ~ It is a help, hooking the reader is the hardest part!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Lady!!!

    I'm hosting a contest...no clue if you're up for it. But if you are I''d love to have you. :)

    ReplyDelete