Welcome to the Darkside...

...join me, Akasha Savage, as I brave the deepest dungeons and scale the misty mountains to achieve my dream: to see my novel Bathory in print. I will take you by the hand and keep you beside me as I cross this uncharted territory...



...let us step into the moonlit darkness together...

Sunday 12 December 2010

Early New Year's Resolution!

I know it's a tad early to be making New Year resolutions, but I have anyway.

I have decided - again! - to up my writing and competition entries as 2011 beckons. To kick off I have just emailed a short story to be considered for the Writers' Forum magazine's monthly competition. The reason for my early resolution is because the story I have sent off is called resolutions.com and I am hoping it may be placed in the January issue as it is a seasonal story. Fingers crossed. I'll let you know the outcome.

And to keep my writing affairs in order I have ordered a writers diary from Mslexia Magazine. These diaries are excellent, they have lots of writing tips, exercises, advice and a whole section to record writing submissions.

Come 2011 I will be organised....

4 comments:

  1. I'm still not sure what my own resolution should be with regards to my writing. Maybe take a crack at having a writing routine again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the story! :-)
    How are things with Bathory?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the story, Akasha. One is never too early. I have my writer's diary already. My fairy Godmother buys it for me:-) ( she's my godmother but when I was six I asked her if she was my Fairy GM and she has been it ever since.)

    Have a great Christmas and lots of luck for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made the mistake of posting my new year's resolutions this year, and whem I revisited them, I found I'd broken them all. Be warned!

    But I love the idea of the writer's diary. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete